Welp. This is it. This is how it all ends. LIFE IS FLEETING. THE RIDE IS OVER. MY 20'S ARE DONE AND OVER WITH!
I'm currently holed up at a nearby laundromat, wondering what the hell happened with time. Is this who I've become? AM I JUST GOING TO DO BORING ADULT STUFF AND SETTLE?! I'm not quite there yet.
On the outside, I'm not freaking out about turning 30. On the inside, I'm still not freaking out about turning 30. My 20's were awesome. Yes, I did the cliche "make horrible decisions" and "get really depressed about a break up" oh and the whole "angsty young adult shit" but a lot of crazy stuff happened. Here's a quick list of what the fuck happened in my 20's that weren't that normal:
- Watched my mom beat cancer
- Dropped out of college (extremely embarrassing to admit)
- Finally traveled outside of CA that wasn't to Mexico
- Did stand up for 3 years
- Wrote for an Angels blog and made some new friends
- Met a bunch of friends from Twitter
- Worked a bunch of unique jobs
- Filmed a improv sketch with Tony Fucking Gwynn
- Won some weird baseball contest
- Flew to NYC where I lived there to work in weird baseball contest
- Made a new family based off of weird baseball contest (FAN CAVE FAM WHERE U AT)
- Interviewed/Acted with/Hosted many many athletes and celebrities
- Flew back to CA
- Flew back to NY to work in MLB PR
- Watch one sister marry and gained a new brother
- Flew back to CA to potentially work with Angels running social media
- Had heart break after not getting job
- Watched my brother marry and gained a new sister
- Found new job thanks to Twitter Fam
- Got new job which ended up being (and still is) an awesome place to work
- Film a bunch of stupid YouTube and watch viral videos all day
- Other stupid stuff I can't say
My 20's were great. I'd be lying if I said it was perfect or I wasn't somewhat nervous about turning 30, but my 20's were without a doubt, a good time. Am I thinking about marriage/kids/career/house? Of course. You start thinking about that shit in your late 20's but it happens to everyone. That's just how life works. One minute you're hanging with Derek Jeter and CC Sabathia and the next, you're in a laundromat wondering why the fuck it costs 6.75 to load laundry in a washing machine.
And to those in your 20's... Take advantage of every fucking thing you can. You're gonna do some stupid shit and that's fine. You're allowed it. Travel. Find out what job you actually wanna do for the rest of your life. I went to school thinking I wanted to be a radiologist and next thing I know, I'm doing stand up and writing. Take the plunge. As Shia would say, JUST DO IT.
I can't thank everyone who has crossed my path in life. So many people went out of their way to either give me advice, provide me with an opportunity on a gig, put me under their wing, given me a chance, taught me a new thing, made me laugh, were there for me when no one should have been or didn't judge me when I did fuck up. I'm pretty stoked about turning 30 and I have a pretty amazing project in mind that I wanna do that I'll write about later. Anyway, thanks for taking the time to read this shit and just being a friend. On to the next milestone.