IT'S 2017 HOLY SHIT. We survived the weirdness that was 2016. WHAT A WEIRD YEAR AMIRITE?! December was hilariously stressful for me. With work wrapping up our end of the year programming, gift shopping, not getting sleep, political garbage, celebrity deaths and everything in between, I was on the "OH MY GOD THIS YEAR SUCKS" hype train. Then I started looking at old videos/photos from the year and it wasn't that bad. I even made this thing:
So...maybe 2016 wasn't so bad. Kinda weird how one minute you think the year sucked then the next it's like "OH SHIT I WENT TO NEW ORLEANS AND CHICAGO AND MEXICO AND SAW BASEBALL AND ATE PIZZA AND DID THINGS THAT DIDN'T SUCK". I turned 30. I'm a Director at work now aka D.A.D. (Director of Audience Development. Thanks Luis for that amazing discovery). Got to travel. Met family that I haven't seen in a while and a ton of other stuff.
I'm excited for 2017. I mean, I'm sure we all are. The rad thing about starting a new year is brushing off the stank from the previous year and taking time to reflect on who you are and where you wanna be in the next 12 months. I'm gonna turn 31 next month and that's pretty frightening but really exciting. I also wanna create more stuff and I'm extremely fortunate to be at company that's gonna allow me to do that. Both professionally and personally, it's gonna be a huge year of growth for me. Although I still need a vacation, it was good to be one of like 10 people in the office during the holidays so I can sit and think about things for a hot minute. LIKE MY NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS/GOALS. Here's a quick list:
- Brush up on my spanish. I suck. I need to do better
- Lose 50 pounds this year. I'm a big boy and need to shed some weight so I don't die by the time I'm 32
- Up my photography game. I AM GOING TO SOMEHOW GET A PHOTOGRAPHY BOOK MADE AND IT WILL BE DOPE. Don't know what I'm gonna do but that's been my goal. Which brings me to...
- SOMEHOW SAVE MONEY TO BUY A CANON MARK IV. I've had a Canon T2i and it's been great for the past 8 years but DADDY NEEDS TO STEP HIS GAME UP. Someone please loan me 3k
- BOOK/GO TO ICELAND. This is on my bucketlist and I need to finally pull the trigger and just go
- COOK MORE. Tired of eating out all the time. Well, I'm not really but I just wanna cook more.
- Get back to hanging with friends/family more and MEET PEOPLE ONLINE THAT I'VE SPOKEN TO FOR YEARS BUT HAVE NEVER MET.
2017 is gonna be LIT. Are we still saying that? idk. Anyway, hope you had a killer New Year and are ready to get your New Years Resolutions going. Gonna be blogging/vlogging/everything else more this year so we'll see how that goes.